Wellness Advisory Committee Purpose
The School Wellness Advisory Committee will meet 4-5 times per year in order to:
- Establish observable and measurable goals and objectives based on review of student and public health data as well as input from the school and community at-large.
- Make recommendations regarding district programs and policies to promote student wellness.
- Identify persons responsible to ensure that school programs and practices are in alignment with the District Wellness Policy.
- Communicate to the Superintendent, School Committee and public, information regarding programs, policies, and community links related to the general well-being.
- Deliver an annual report to the Superintendent and the School committee that includes the goals, action plans, progress monitoring and identification of areas that need to be addressed for the upcoming school year.