9th Grade Honors Placement
Fine and Performing Arts
Band-Woodwind/Brass, Band-Percussion, Concert Choir, and Orchestra may be taken as a Level 1 (Honors) course with the approval of the instructor and the Fine Arts Coordinator if the student agrees to complete the following requirements:
• Meet grade level performance expectations as indicated by the ensemble director.
• Perform for a Faculty Jury once a semester during finals.
• Maintain an Honors Portfolio.
• Prepare and audition for the Junior (Grade 9) or Senior (Grades 9-12) District Ensembles.
• Perform in community settings as a soloist or ensemble member if requested.
• Audition for and/or perform in other Music Departments.
• Honors students are strongly encouraged to participate in other performance music activities outside of school.
• While not required, private lessons on your voice or instrument are HIGHLY recommended.
• Students must earn a grade of 90 or higher in their ensemble to enter or continue in Honors Level the following year.