CHELMSFORD COMMUNITY EDUCATION -2018 SUMMER PROGRAMSAdult Education Summer Programs Deadline:
Effective the week of July 16th, we will close registration for all classes by Tuesday of the preceding week. This allows us time to notify the families in a timely manner if a class is not running.
Deadline to register for classes the week of 7/23 is 7/17 by midnight.Please note: Tennis has moved from McCarthy Middle School to Chelmsford High SchoolWho May Attend: Enrollment in Chelmsford Community Education classes is open to all. Please note certain classes have age requirements. We welcome participation from other communities.
Registration: Pre-registration is recommended! Use the form included in this publication or print it from our website (www.Chelmsford.k12.ma.us/commed) for CLASSES ONLY.Trips: require separate registration forms; available on our website or in our office. Registrations are accepted in person at the Community Education Office located in the CommEd Center weekdays from 8 am to 3 pm, or by mail. The address is 170 Dalton Road, Chelmsford, MA 01824.
Registration forms can be faxed to 978-251-5154. Please note: after faxing you must send in payment to the above address for registration to be completed. Early registration assures you have a place in the class and protects against cancellations due to insufficient enrollment. Once the registration is sent, students should consider their registrations accepted and report to the first class unless otherwise notified. No confirmations are sent, however, you are welcome to call our office to verify receipt. Late registrations will be accepted on a space availability basis.Payment: Include credit card information, or enclose a check or money order payable to Town of Chelmsford/CommEd.
Convenience Fees: There is a 2.5% per transaction convenience fee for using credit/debit cards. There is a conveience fee of $2 per transaction on ACH transactions.SUMMER PROGRAMS/TRIPS : FEES AND REFUND POLICYFees: Fees represent the cost of administering the Chelmsford Community Education (CommEd) program and have been set to make CommEd self-supporting. Additional fees for books, supplies, or materials may be listed in the course description. CommEd reserves the right to cancel all courses, programs and other events for which there is insufficient enrollment. If necessary, CommEd may also change course location, instructors, reschedule programs or take other administrative measures as necessary. Refunds are not automatically guaranteed based on these changes. A $10.00 discount is given to senior citizens, 60 and over (with the exception of trips.)
• ALL CLASS fees are refundable if there is insufficient enrollment.
• A Refund will be given for cancellations more than 31 days prior to the class start date, less a $10 processing fee.
• A Full (100%) Credit will be given for cancellations 15–30 days prior to the class start date.
• Credits expire one year from date of issue.
• NO REFUND OR CREDIT will be given for cancellations 14 days or less prior to start date.
• Most TRIPS have a NO REFUND POLICY. Please refer to individual registration forms for details.
• Summer Basketball: The last day to receive a refund, less $10 processing fee, is June 15th.Summerfest, Music Lessons and Summer School may have different refund policies.INCLEMENT WEATHER: The CommEd Office and its instructors will strive to make up all classes/activities canceled due to inclement weather or unforeseeable circumstances. However, make-up classes are not guaranteed.
CANCELLATIONS: Call the CommEd office or check our website if you are wondering if a program will be running.
- For tennis: call Marcel at MG Tennis 978-423-2746
QUESTIONS: Questions regarding programs, classes, dates, registration, etc. should be directed to the Community Education staff, 978-251-5151, between the hours of 8 am and 3 pm, Monday through Friday
- For Summer Basketball use Twitter @Summer_Bball
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS ARE HELD AT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS.Community Education Center170 Dalton RoadChelmsford 01824McCarthy Middle School250 North RdChelmsford 01824Chelmsford High School
200 Richardson RoadNorth Chelmsford 01863
Chelmsford Community Education is a self-sustaining branch of the Chelmsford Public Schools. Learning is a lifelong pursuit with areas of interest and needs that are vast. Our goal is to offer a wide variety of programs from academics, enrichment, sports and recreation to childcare services. We strive to provide high quality classes, programs and activities at an affordable price, for students of all ages.