Chelmsford Community Education
The Chelmsford Community Education Center (CommEd) oversees a variety of childcare programs for Chelmsford Public Schools for children 18 months through Grade 6:
- Extended Day Program (Before and After School care) - Kindergarten through Grade 6
- Lion's Pride Toddlers/Preschool/Pre-K - Full Day (18 months through Pre-Kindergarten)
- Lion's Den Preschool - Half Day (3 and 4 year old classes)
- Summerfest Program (Entering Grades 1- 6)
- *NEW* Summerquest (Entering grades 6-9)
CommEd also provides a wide variety of programs, classes and activities for residents of Chelmsford and the surrounding areas though our Adult Education program. Offerings include continuing education and enrichment classes for all ages, with course selections such as foreign languages, bookkeeping, music lessons, cooking, fitness and many others. Trips are a big part of our program with group day and overnight travel opportunities to destinations like New York City, Washington, DC and the Adirondacks.
In addition, CommEd maintains the school district's Private Music Lessons and Academic Summer School for Grades 9-12.
Chelmsford Community Education Staff:
Robyn Adams - Director
Stefanie Fields - Assistant Director
Michele Walsh - Childcare Program Supervisor
Colleen Smith- Adult Education Coordinator
Linda Westland - Secretary
TBD - Office Assistant