Welcome to the
CHELMSFORD PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Our goal is to get your child into school as quickly as possible.
To Register Your Child, Go To:
The Chelmsford School Administration Office
230 North Road
* Registration is for all children entering kindergarten next year and all first graders not currenly enrolled in a Chelmsford kindergarten program.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD
To make the registration process go smoothly and quickly, families need to have the following to register their child:
- Parent or Guardian Driver's License
- Child's Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record & Physical Examination (within 1 year of entrance to school or 30 days after)
- Updated immunizations covering the following: diphtheria (5 doses), pertussis (5 doses), tetanus (5 doses; Td booster grade 7), mumps-rubella-measles (2 doses), polio (4 doses), varicella (2 doses, OR, Dr. documentation of chicken pox), hepatitis B (3 doses), and certificate of lead poisoning. If additional immunizations are needed prior to the beginning of school, a copy of the complete immunization record which meets state requirements must be provided prior to school entrance.
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of home ownership (a copy of your mortgage statement), OR a purchase and sale agreement, OR a signed lease agreement OR a notarized Affidavit Supporting Residence document with the homeowner’s real estate tax bill
- Utility Bill with Name & Address
- Current gas, electricity, cable or current lease or mortgage -- received in last 30 days in name of legal parent or guardian registering child.
- If the student is entering High School, a completed “High School Entry Packet,” and set of transcripts in-hand from their previous high school.
Once this checklist is complete, you are ready to enroll your child.
ALL DOCUMENTATION IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.
Kindergarten Age Information: To be eligible for kindergarten enrollment, your child must be 5 by August 31.
Preschool Age Information: To be eligible for preschool the child must be 4 by August 31.
Student Registration is located at 230 North Road in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Ms. Jane McDonald
Phone: 978-251-5100 ext. 6901