Project Lead The Way (PLTW) is the leading provider of rigorous and innovative STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) education curricular programs used in schools. PLTW exists to prepare students for the global economy through its world-class curriculum and an engaged network of educators and students. The hands-on, project-based program engages students on multiple levels, exposes them to areas of study that they typically do not pursue, and provides them with a foundation and proven path to college and career success. More than 4,700 schools in all 50 states and the District of Columbia are currently offering PLTW courses to their students. For more information, visit www.pltw.org.
At CHS the PLTW Engineering courses offered for the 2020-2021 school year:
- PTW: Introduction to Engineering (IED) course
- PLTW Principles of Engineering (POE)
- Robotics (1 Semester), and full-year courses
Computer Science courses include:
- Computer Programming 1 (Dual Enrollment)
- AP PLTW Computer Science Principles
- AP Computer Science A
The Parker and the McCarthy Middle Schools are offering PLTW’s Gateway To Technology program which engages the natural curiosity and imagination of middle school students while introducing them to engineering, robotics and computer modeling.
Elementary School students are enrolled in PLTW Launch which provides a good foundation for coding as part of their regularly scheduled Computer Lab classes.
- PLTW: Introduction to Computer Science. 6th all sixth-grade students as part of their Computer Lab course.
- PLTW Design and Modeling course is taken by all 7th graders for one term
- PLTWAutomation and Robotics course is taken by all 8th-graders for one term
Dr. Marilyn Sweeney
Technology Engineering Coordinator