Hello from Mrs. Barrett!
I have posted read-aloud videos for each grade level on my Google Classroom pages. If you need the join codes for any grade level, just send me an email at email@example.com and I will forward them to you.
Follett School Solutions is providing free access to their library of ebooks until June 30, 2020. Use this link to log in: https://www.destinydiscover.com/aasp/ui/pick/picked and click on Go. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for login credentials.
TIME fo Kids is offering free access to its library of K-6 digital issues. To sign up, go to time.com/tfk-free.
Here are some other awesome websites you can access for free!
- Tumblebooks - Click the link to the right, then scroll down and click the link on the right.
- Encyclopedia Britannica - Click the link to the right. Lots of information as well as some games.
- BrainPop Jr. - Click the link to the right. Students may log in through their Clever account.
- Kids InfoBits - Click the link to the right.
- stories.audible.com- Great audiobooks.
- juniorlibraryguild.com/at-home - Click on the school-level bookstream of your choice. The selection of books changes regularly.
- storylineonline.net - Actors reading stories
- Chelmsford public and school Librarians read to kids. Comcast 22 or Verizon 36 @ 10am, 2pm, and 7pm.
or use this link at any time with your Chelmsford library card.
- Peter H. Reynolds, author, who visited Byam in February is on Facebook Live daily at 12 noon.
Donate a Book to the Byam School Library!!
A program has been set up to donate new books to the Byam School library! This is a great way to honor a favorite teacher or celebrate an event such as a student’s birthday. At the end of the school year, a book can be donated to celebrate a student’s moving on to middle school.A wish list has been created on the amazon.com website. Books are available in a range of prices. Use the following link to access the wish list:
In order to specify who you want the book dedicated to, just put the desired wording for the dedication in the “gift message” box, and a book plate will be placed in the book with that dedication when it is received. The book will then be cataloged and added to the library’s collection.
If you have any questions, please e-mail me at email@example.com. Thank you for your support of the Byam School Library!