Chelmsford Friends of Music (CFoM)
Our mission is to help ensure the best possible Music Education program in the Chelmsford Public Schools. CFoM accomplishes its mission in the following ways, by:
- Providing camp and college scholarship assistance to worthy applicants
- Acknowledging individual and group musical accomplishments
- Purchasing equipment/instruments for supported groups and individuals
- Funding enrichment programs to inspire new students to participate in music and motivate students to strive for a higher levels of performance
- Fundraising for large capital expenditures/endowments
- Acting as an educational and equipment resource for parents, students, and communities
- Offering cultural/recreational events in the community
- Providing political support for music programs in the public schools
- Providing a volunteer work force for school music events scholarship assistance to worthy applicants.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Jacket Info for Students and Parents
- In order to qualify for a jacket, students must be in their 3rd or 4th year in a graded music performance program have volunteered 10 hours for CFOM while in high school.
- Students can earn both a varsity and a music jacket.
- Students must turn in a jacket application by the deadline to be eligible for consideration
- Service hours can also apply for the scholarship requirements, NHS, college applications, etc.
Bottle and Can DrivesCFoM holds monthly bottle and can drives March through November each year. Drives are held in the back of the McCarthy Middle School parking lot, the 2nd Saturday of the month, from 10 am until 2 pm. Returnable bottles and cans that are reasonably clean and not crushed are preferred. Plastic, glass, and aluminum are accepted.The bottles and cans must be marked with the MA 5 cents indication on them. Please do not bring other recycling that is not returnable or does not include MA in the list of states that accept the item. Volunteers are always welcome and students hours are recorded for community service requirements. For more information or to volunteer to help, contact Dan Carey at email@example.com
Volunteer To Help CFoM!Use the link on the right to sign up to volunteer or simply to get on our email list. The music students in the Chelmsford Public Schools will appreciate your assistance very much.