Please Click HERE for a memo and overview from the Superintendent of Schools about transportaion for the 2020-2021 school year. The information below is updated Transportation Department information for families.
As we transition to full-day school sessions, the afternoon bus arrival times with be updated in each student's X2 account.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
School bus registration for the 2020 – 2021 school year is still underway.
Transportation is available to the following students and there will be NO bus fees associated with these riders:
- Students in Kindergarten through grade 8 that reside one mile or more from their assigned school.
- Students in Kindergarten through grade 6 that reside LESS than one mile from their assigned school AND are eligible for free and reduced lunch.
- Grades 9-12 using shuttle buses.
Information pertaining to school bus transportation may be found on the Chelmsford Public Schools website at the following link: https://www.chelmsford.k12.ma.us/domain/90.
Also, please see the attached flyer for more details. It is very important that every student is registered to ride the bus regardless of if there is a fee. Registering now allows the transportation department to begin building routes for optimum efficiency.
A few reminders about student transportation:
- ALL STUDENTS who desire to ride the school bus to or from school MUST REGISTER EVERY YEAR, even if they are not required to pay a fee this year.
- ALL REGISTRATIONS are processed ON-LINE using MCC eSCHOOL.
- When registering, each student must be entered separately in MCC eSchool. This means for families with more than one child riding the bus, a registration must be completed for each child.
- MCC will provide assistance using their on-line registration system if needed during the registration process. MCC may be reached directly at (508) 460-6000.
You will be required to provide your child's First Name, Last Name, and LASID (student ID) to register them for school bus transportation in the MCC portal. You may find your child's student ID in the X2 Family Portal. Click FAMILY in the top tab (just below your name on the left side of the screen) and a list of each child associated with your family is displayed. Please note, if you have existing and incoming students you may need to adjust the filter (looks like a funnel) and select "all records." Click on the name of your child and you will see a field for student ID displayed (on the left side of the page just under your child's name). The student ID typically begins with 5500. You will need the entire student ID number to complete the registration in MCC eSCHOOL. Please note, each child is registered separately in the MCC portal. Please be sure to register each child that will be using school bus transportation.
The Transportation Office
Mr. Peter Brekalis
Phone: 978-251-5100 x 6942